Today we talked about copyright infringement...and I think most teachers would be surprised at what they can and cannot do. Actually, many of them would probably realize they have already broken the law!
I personally do not think I have broken any copyright laws this year, but when I was a substitute teacher I remember covering a science class, and they watched whole episodes of a forensics TV series taped off TV what appeared to be about 15 years ago. Every student watched it that day, as they have for the past 15 years I am sure! My question is, should that teacher be fined? What would that actually accomplish?
After today I will definitely be more aware and alert to any possible copyright infringements in the future. I guess this means no movies in June!
Stay tuned next week for Website Evaluation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment