Friday, February 20, 2009

Curriculum Web

Technology. Such a catch 22. I love it, I know my kids love using it as much as possible (they even get excited to write on my low-tech overhead!), but I don't really have access to it.

My curriculum web sounds great, and I am really excited to put it together, and in a perfect world use it. But knowing that many of my kids do not have internet or a computer at home (I asked each of my classes informallly last week), and knowing that I do not have internet or wireless in my classroom is a little discouraging. I just hope that my school catches up to my use of technology.

The topic I chose, geometry, is the perfect unit for a curriculum web. Using online manipulatives and activities, students will really be able to do some exploratory learning, my favorite and theirs! I am looking forward to the end product....and internet in my room.

1 comment:

  1. Geometry does seem like it is especially well suited to have technology used with it. On of the math teachers in my school is going to use Geometer's Sketchpad and a smart board to teach a geometry course next year.

    ReplyDelete