Monday, March 30, 2009

Podcasting

Last week we learned about podcasting, and how that can be used in the classroom. I love the idea of using podcasts, and was completely unfamiliar with the technology until class! There are many great uses for it. It's a great way to teach kids a new form of technology. If I am unaware they may be as well, and it is a technology that they will most likely have to be familiar with or at least aware of in this technological age. Podcasts are also a great way to break up monotony of every day class, giving the kids a chance to hear a voice other than mine! It is also a great remediation tool. If a child is struggling, they can seperately listen to a podcast explaining the topic, allowing them the extra instruction time they need that I do not have!

I would probably not be comfortable though having the students create their own podcasts. The equipment available is limited, and the examples shown to us proved that kids may not take it seriously or be able to stay on task. For now I will be exploring how I can use podcasts in my instruction, and down the road incorporate the creation of podcasts into the curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment