Thursday, May 7, 2009

Multimedia

Multimedia is a great way to draw interest to your web site. I will definitely be using images and animations on my web page. Due to restraints on Weebly, Movies will not be posted ON my site, but I will be including links to online multimedia such as lesson on You Tube.

The danger with multimedia is when it becomes a distraction. There can be too much of a good thing. But there is the question...how much is enough? I know my students, and how easy it is for them to get off task, so I want to make it interesting, yet still all about business! After all, I want them to truly learn something about my topic, and not just be looking at cool movies and pictures.

If we were doing an HTML site, we would have much more opportunity to include more sophisticated forms of multimedia into our webquests. The program we are using is somewhat limited in this area, though much more user friendly than learning the HTML language. I am interested in exploring HTML in the future, and really developing quality sites for my students to visit.

With that in mind, I hope my first site is useful, entertaining and appealing to my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment